Maggie's practice focuses on counseling clients in both the tax and nontax aspects of estate planning and representing them in probate and trust administration proceedings. She advises clients regarding tax developments, strategy and risk assessment. She focuses specifically on estate planning strategies to efficiently minimize taxes through the creation of trusts, business entities and charitable organizations, as well as the use of gifts, sales and other wealth-transfer strategies, all while ensuring a client's nontax goals aren't frustrated.
Prior to joining the firm, Maggie worked in the trust and estate planning group at the largest law firm in the Puget Sound. Maggie has been selected as a Rising Star in Washington Super Lawyers magazine every year since 2017.
Maggie’s ongoing pro bono commitment includes drafting estate planning documents for Washington First Responders at the Washington First Responder Will Clinic, where she assists clients with questions and concerns relating to estate planning documents, such as wills, powers of attorney and health directives.
Bar Memberships and Professional Certification
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Member, Estate Planning Council of Seattle
- Member, Washington State Bar Association Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Executive Committee
- Member, King County Bar Association, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Member, Washington Women in Tax
- Volunteer, University of Washington Federal Tax Clinic
- Volunteer, First Responders Will Clinic
- Volunteer, Domestic Violence Protection Order Clinic
- University of Washington, BS in Economics, cum laude
- University of Washington, JD & LLM in taxation
- Real Property, Probate & Trust, Washington State Bar Association, 2020, Page 7, Income Tax and Estate Tax Considerations for Donations of Artwork